Our students and youth groups use art/design, mathematics, and problem-solving skills to create fantastic, innovative structures using full cans of food. Our Juniors give back to the community by donating the cans to local food banks.
1. Sign Up! The cost is $100/ per team.
2. Find Volunteers: Each Junior Event sign up is responsible for finding youth volunteers, fundraising to purchase the canned food and designing/building their own structures. Teams are encouraged to include a mentor with a physics, architecture, design, engineering or construction background.
3. Design/Build!: Both events incorporate the same fundamental STEAM principles and design skills involved in creating a Canstruction structure.
Art/ Design, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Brainstorming, Creation, Construction, Community service.
4. All schools will be participating at the Region level first (Competition will be held in High School gyms in each area).
5. Each Region (South, Central, North) will have a winning Elementary, Middle School; High School.
6. Top 3 displays for each Region will complete to determine the final 3 District winners which will be recognized and displayed (site to be determined)
7. We are working with community partners that will sponsor prizes for winning teams.